In 2023, digital footprints have become increasingly easy to track, therefore it’s increasingly important to know how to hide your digital footprint. Here are seven steps to help you do just that:
1. Invest in a Virtual Private Network (VPN) – A VPN will help secure your internet connection and hide your IP address from anyone online.
2. Don’t Post Personal Information – Don’t post any personal information online, such as your address, phone number, or Social Security number.
3. Use Disposable Emails – Create and use temporary and disposable email accounts when signing up for services or websites.
4. Avoid Using Apps – Avoid using apps that require you to create an account and provide personal information.
5. Limit Your Social Media Presence – Limit your presence on social media platforms, especially those where you have to use your real name.
6. Use Search Engines With Privacy Settings – Use an anonymous search engine that won’t track your searches.
7. Use a Password Manager – Make sure to use a strong and unique password for every website and service you use. A password manager can help you keep track of all of them.
Following these steps will help you stay anonymous online and protect your digital footprint in 2023.