In 2023, the world of carding is expected to have advanced significantly from its current state. With emerging technological developments, new types of carding techniques have emerged, making carding more efficient and successful. Some of the main types of carding techniques that are expected to remain popular in 2023 include:
1. Carding with a Skimmer: This is a type of carding technique whereby a physical skimmer is used to obtain sensitive information from payment cards such as debit or credit cards.
2. Carding with a Vulnerable Database: This type of carding involves exploiting security vulnerabilities and loopholes in the databases of companies and stores that may hold customer payment information.
3. Carding with a Fake Card: This type of carding involves creating a fake card with an associated PIN and using it to purchase items or services from retailers or other places that accept cards.
4. Carding with a Point-of-Sale Terminal: This is the most common type of carding and involves using a point-of-sale terminal to obtain sensitive data from customers’ cards. The pos terminals are usually compromised by hacking or by installing a shoulder-surfing device.
5. Carding with an Online Store: This type of carding involves stealing customer payment data from online stores and using it to purchase goods or services.
6. Carding with a Phishing Attack: This type of carding involves tricking customers into revealing their payment information by sending out phishing emails.
7. Carding with an SMS Scam: This type of carding involves sending out scam messages that appear to be legitimate and contain links to malicious websites where attackers can steal customers’ credit card information.